Wednesday, December 19, 2007

So, You're Going to Be a Dad...

Colin's Profile

See that up there? That's my boy! In fact, it's my first boy (first child too) and here he is in all his ultrasound glory. Feel free to bask in the coolness of it all.

Last week, my sister posted her fantastic news on her blog, so I thought that I would follow suit. After all, in this case, THREE is better than one.

So, I'm sure you are wondering what we're going to name the child (or maybe you're not--Angela has been pregnant for a while now) and yes, we've selected a name.

It's Colin Andrew Parker.

Now, the Andrew part should be painfully obvious. If it isn't, then I don't know what I can do for you. As for the Colin part, the name is actually of Gaelic origin. It means peace or dove. In addition, it was a Gaelic nickname for St. Nick so we've named our child after Santa Claus. As someone who loves all things Christmas, I like that happy coincidence.

In any case, I'm getting more and more excited to be a dad everyday. At first I was a little apprehensive (who isn't?) but the closer it comes to little Colin's birth the better I feel about this dad thingy. After all, I had a great dad and so did Angela. All we have to do is follow their example and we'll be fine. Plus, I'm STOKED that I finally get to have a permanent video game partner--one who loves the little boy games as much as I do.

So, happy child birthing to all and to all a good night!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

We are so excited for you. Having your first child is one of the best experiences in your life. You are going to be a great dad!! We are trying for another one, hoping it will be a boy we can name Pierce Parker. Dylan still wants to name his first boy after you.

Robert said...

You know, I am not dead yet ;-)
So here's how it goes:
Edwin begat George who begat Robert who begat Andrew who begat Colin. Technically Edwin was not the first child, but he was the first boy so Colin is the eldest son of the eldest son of the eldest son of the eldest son of the eldest son.

Way to go! Kept the tradition alive.

Very proud to be your dad.

Alison said...

Wow! Congratulations Parkers!! Very exciting news!! Love the name!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Andrew (and Angela)! That is great news!!! Boys are fun to have first. Justin loves playing Nintendo with TJ and Brenden, it's fun to watch them!
Monica (Hanks...you know from Brighton =) Good to hear about your family.