Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas with the Choir

Wow! Take a look at that picture! It's of the Conference Center at the conclusion of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square's annual Christmas Concert. While, it's not the greatest picture in the world, it gives you some idea of the grandeur of the spectacle. This picture was taken shortly after we finished our final performance on Sunday morning.

This was my first Christmas with the choir (last year I was out sick and depressed) and let me tell you, this was the most exhausting thing I've done as a member. We've been rehearsing for three weeks for the show and of course I've been there every night this past week except Monday night. We even did a recording session on Saturday afternoon that took up nearly all of the day and then the Christmas concert at night! When it was all over, I took a deep breath and promptly fell asleep for hours.

However, there's nothing like a job well done. This year's concert (with special guests, the King's Singers) were wonderful. The music was phenomenal, the set design, as you can see with the picture above, was astounding and all the performers were splendid. The King's Singers especially were outstanding. I love A Cappella music anyway, so this was a treat for me. But, overall, the show was a resounding success. I was glad to be a part of it.

So, buy the DVD and CD when it comes out because you'll enjoy the show. I know I did!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wish we could have been there. There's notohing that compares to MoTab for Christmas.